ANALOGUE ROCKWELL HARDNESS TESTING MACHINES: SERIES - RASN
1) The machine body having a taper front look and a big size dial gauge in the front. The machine is powder coated for better look. The paint shade do not fade and machine looks
like new over year.
2) The elevating screw of machine is guided in a hardened and ground bush, not allowing
movement of elevating screw more than 0.05mm when raised to full height. The accuracy is
returned for years together due to hardened bush.
3) A hardened and ground stepped bush is fixed on top of main screw for location and rest
surface. This guarantees no change in results due to rough handling of test table or test piece. It means a trouble free long life machine accuracy.
4) An antifriction linear bearing with almost no clearance is provided for a prefect vertical
movement of loading plunger with minimum friction. This enable testing of a small dia. pin or
ball up to 3mm dia.
5) All machine modes are provided with automatic zero setting dial gauge readout.
Hence zero setting at every test is avoided.
Rockwell, Rockwell superficial & Rockwell cum Brinell test consists of forcing an indenter (Diamond or Ball) into the surface of a test piece in two steps i.e. first with preliminary test force and thereafter with additional test force and then measuring depth of
indentation after removal of additional test force (Remaining preliminary test force active) for measurement of hardness value.